IND vs SCO : Team India defeated Scotland by 8 wickets in the Super 12 match of the T20 World Cup 2021 at the Dubai International Stadium on Friday. India have made a great comeback after losing their two matches against Pakistan and New Zealand. In the last two matches, the team has beaten the opponents badly. India has 4 points on the table. Now India has to play Namibia. India’s hope of reaching the semi-finals now rests on the match between Afghanistan and New Zealand. At the same time, many records were made in the match played against Scotland on Friday. Let us have a look at 5 such interesting figures.
- Unique record recorded in the name of Kohli on his birthday Indian team captain Virat Kohli’s 33rd birthday was on 5th November. On this special occasion, he got lucky and he managed to win the toss this time. This was the 20th time in T20 that he won the toss. His record in winning the toss in this format is 40 percent. He became the first Indian captain to win a T20 match on his birthday. He also won the toss and won the Test match played against South Africa in Mohali in 2015 on his 27th birthday.
- Bumrah highest wicket taker Indian bowler – This match was also special for Jasprit Bumrah. He has become the highest wicket-taker for India in T20. Bumrah has taken 64 wickets in 54 matches of T20. He is followed by Yuzvendra Chahal, who has 63 wickets. Jasprit Bumrah took 2 wickets for 10 runs in 3.4 overs in this match. He also bowled a maiden over.
- Ravindra Jadeja and Shami made their best – In this match, both Ravindra Jadeja and Mohammed Shami took 3-3 wickets for 15 runs. This is the best bowling figure of both the bowlers in T20. Earlier, Shami took 3 wickets for 32 runs against Afghanistan.
- India’s biggest win in terms of ball remaining India won this match by chasing runs in 6.3 overs. India registered this victory with 81 balls remaining. In this sense, this is India’s biggest win so far in T20. Earlier this record was of 59 balls, which India made against UAE in the 2016 Asia Cup.
- K.L. Rahul’s Fifty and Power Play record – In this match against Scotland, India completed 50 runs in 23 balls. This is India’s fastest 50 in T20. Earlier this record was 4.1 overs. Not only this, India scored 82 runs in 6.2, this is India’s highest score in the powerplay. In this match K.L. Rahul scored the fastest fifty of this tournament. He completed his fifty in 18 balls.
read this also
India tour of South Africa: Team India will go on tour of South Africa for the series of all three formats in December, know the full schedule
Anushka’s emotional note on Virat Kohli’s birthday, said- I want to tell the whole world that you are amazing