IPL Mega Auction 2022: This will be the last auction of the Cricket Board of India (BCCI) for the 15th season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), as it plans to end it. Actually, most of the franchises do not want to tamper with their permanent combination, so the mega auction will be held for the last time.
Tomorrow i.e. Saturday, February 11, the program of mega auction will start from 11 am. This time the auction will be on a large scale, due to which the auction will be held for two days (February 12 and 13). This time a total of 590 players will be bidding.
20 important things related to auction-
1. City of Auction- Bengaluru
2. Auction Venue- ITC Gardenia
3. Auction Timing – 12 Noon (Program will start at 11 AM)
4. Date of Auction – 12th and 13th February
5. Total Teams- 10
6. Names of all teams- Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Capitals, Punjab Kings, Rajasthan Royals, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Gujarat Titans (New Team) and Lucknow Super Giants (New Team).
7. Total auction amount – Rs 90 crore for each franchise
8. Minimum amount to be spent by each franchise: Rs 67.5 crore out of Rs 90 crore
9. Number of players in the team- Minimum players: 18, Maximum players: 25
10. Base price slabs- Rs 2 crore, Rs 1.5 crore, Rs 1 crore, Rs 75 lakh, Rs 50 lakh, Rs 40 lakh, Rs 30 lakh, Rs 20 lakh
11. Number of players up for auction – 229 capped (international), 354 uncapped (domestic), from seven ICC associate countries
12. Bidding process to be held on Saturday – 161 players will be bid on the first day, while on the second day there will be a ‘quick process’ of ‘selecting the remaining players’
13. In a ‘quick process’, franchisees will put up a ‘wish-list’ of the players they want in the auction.
14. ‘Right to Match (RTM) Cards’ status – no RTM card will be available
15. Idea of ’Silent Tie-breaker’ – When two teams ‘tie’ and have put all their money for the player’s bid, they can deposit the final ‘closed’ bid amount and whoever has the highest bid gets the player. will go. The additional bid amount will be deposited with BCCI and will not be part of the amount of 90 crores. This process can be repeated until one team has acquired a player.
16. Oldest player in the auction – Imran Tahir of South Africa 43 years old
17. Young player of the auction – Noor Ahmed of Afghanistan, 17 years old
18. Name of the auctioneer- Hugh Adams
19. How much money do all the teams have – Delhi Capitals (Rs 47.5 crores), Mumbai Indians (Rs 48 crores), Chennai Super Kings (Rs 48 crores), Kolkata Knight Riders (Rs 48 crores), Gujarat Titans (Rs 52 crores) ), Royal Challengers Bangalore (Rs 57 cr), Lucknow Supergiant (Rs 59 cr), Rajasthan Royals (Rs 62 cr), Sunrisers Hyderabad (Rs 68 cr), Punjab Kings (Rs 72 cr)
20. Retained big players- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Rashid Khan and Kieron Pollard.
IPL Auction 2022: Here is the complete list of 590 players and their base price, know important things related to the auction
IPL 2022 Auction: Teams would like to buy these batsmen in any case, it will rain heavily