WTC: Only a week is left for the final match of the World Test Championship. This match will be played between India and New Zealand from June 18. Both the teams include world class batsmen and bowlers, so this match is expected to be interesting. Today, we are telling you which batsmen have scored the most runs for India in the World Test Championship so far and which bowlers have taken the most wickets.
Highest run scorer 5 batsmen
1. Ajinkya Rahane- It would be surprising to know this. But Ajinkya Rahane is so far the highest run-scorer for India in the World Test Championship. Rahane has scored 1095 runs in 17 matches at an average of 43.80. During this he scored three centuries and six half-centuries. After Kohli’s return to India on the Australia tour, he took over the captaincy of the team and made headlines by registering a historic victory.
2. Rohit Sharma- Team India’s hitman Rohit Sharma is second in terms of scoring the most runs for India in the World Test Championship. Rohit has played 11 matches in the championship, in which he has scored 1030 runs at an average of 64.37. These include 4 centuries and 2 half-centuries.
3. Virat Kohli- Indian team captain Virat Kohli is at number three in terms of scoring runs in WTC. Captain Kohli has played 14 matches in the championship so far, in which he has scored 877 runs at an average of 43.85. Kohli has scored 2 centuries and 5 half-centuries during this period.
4. Mayank Agarwal- Indian team opener Mayank Agarwal has scored 857 runs in 12 matches at an average of 42.85 in the Test Championship. These include 3 centuries and 2 half-centuries. He has done well in the country and abroad. In the final match also, all eyes will be on Mayank Agarwal.
5. Cheteshwar Pujara- Cheteshwar Pujara, considered the wall of the Indian team, did not perform very well in the Test Championship. So far he has played 17 matches in which he has scored 818 runs at an average of 29.21. These include 9 half-centuries. He has not been able to score a century in the championship so far.
5 bowlers with highest wicket takers
1. Ravichandran Ashwin- For India, Ravichandran Ashwin has taken the highest 67 wickets in 13 matches in the Test Championship. He took 32 wickets in four matches against England this year. Earlier, he had taken 12 wickets in three matches on the Australia tour.
2. Ishant Sharma- India’s most experienced fast bowler Ishant Sharma has so far taken 36 wickets in 11 matches in the World Test Championship. Ishant Sharma was not able to tour Australia last year due to injury, but he did well against England earlier this year.
3. Mohammed Shami- Mohammed Shami is the highest wicket-taker after Ishant Sharma among fast bowlers. He has so far taken 36 wickets in the World Test Championship. Due to injury, he also missed the tour of Australia last year and the Test series against England this year. However, he is certain to play in the final match.
4. Jasprit Bumrah- India’s star bowler Jasprit Bumrah has so far taken 34 wickets in the World Test Championship. He took 11 wickets in three matches on the Australia tour, but was ruled out of the series due to injury. He played 2 Test matches for England in which he took four wickets.
5. Umesh Yadav- So far, fast bowler Umesh Yadav has been successful in taking 29 wickets in the Test Championship. Yadav has also been included in the team selected for the World Test Championship. However, his play against New Zealand does not seem certain.
Also read: WTC Final: Virender Sehwag gave special tips to Rohit Sharma for the final of the World Test Championship